Contact Us – 973-993-8787

Experienced Attorney. Personal Attention. Proven Results.

Friends Don’t Serve Friends Drinks And Let Them Drive

Hosting or attending a party is a great way to stay connected with your friends, whether it’s to celebrate a birthday, promotion, marriage, or just to catch up; everyone enjoys a good ole fashion house party once in awhile. But just what kind of risks are you taking in hosting or attending that social gathering?

Legally, a “social host” is any person who by express or implied invitation invites another person into their home and who legally provides alcoholic beverages to that social guest. If you, as a social host, serve alcohol to a guest who is “visibly intoxicated” and that guest leaves your party and causes injuries to a third person (for example, by drinking and driving), you can be held responsible for the injuries and damages caused by your guest.

Likewise, if you are a guest at a party and the social host over-serves you alcohol and doesn’t provide adequate transportation from the gathering, they may be held responsible for injuries and damages to a third party resulting from an accident that may occur while you are trying to get home.

At Howard D. Popper, P.C., P.C., we have fought for the rights of New Jersey residents for more than a quarter of a century. What sets us apart from our colleagues in the profession is our strong commitment to getting the best results for you. In a personal injury case, we will use our extensive skill, knowledge, experience and resources to find every last dollar for you. When we defend you in a criminal matter, we will work tirelessly to protect your constitutional rights and to minimize the consequences of an arrest or conviction.

We will come to the hospital or your home to meet with you if you are unable to travel. Our law firm offers a free initial consultation and represents our clients on a contingency basis in personal injury claims (meaning you pay no fee unless we recover compensation for you). Contact us toll free at 1-888-844-0776.