Why You Need a Personal Injury Attorney
If you have been hurt in an accident caused by someone else’s carelessness or negligence, you may believe that you can resolve everything without the services of a lawyer. Even when it may seem clear who was at fault, you do yourself a great disservice when you don’t retain the services of an experienced personal injury attorney. Here are some of the many things that your personal injury lawyer will do for you:
- Make certain that you pursue recovery for all your injuries—An experienced personal injury attorney will know that some or many of your injuries—often the most serious ones—may not be immediately apparent. Many of the most debilitating back, neck and spinal cord injuries do not fully manifest for days, weeks, months or years. An experienced personal injury attorney will make certain that any recovery includes compensation for all your losses.
- Make certain that you seek damages for all potential losses—Your attorney will help you pursue monetary relief for lost wages, physical pain and suffering, loss of companionship or consortium, and even property damage. In addition, your personal injury lawyer will help you seek compensation for costs of physical therapy or rehabilitation, as well as any retrofitting of your home or vehicle that may be necessary because of your injury.
- Identify all potential defendants—Even when an accident seems very straightforward, there can be a number of causes. A motorist may run a red light and hit you, but it may be the result of both operator error and defctive brakes. Your attorney will be able to identify and hold accountable all potentially responsible parties.
- Help you get the insurance benefits to which you are entitled—Your insurance company has a vested interest in paying you as little as possible. Your personal injury attorney will be your advocate with an insurer, so that you get the benefits you need and deserve.
- Help you get the medical care you need—Your lawyer will work closely with you to ensure that you get proper and adequate medical treatment for any injuries you have suffered.
Contact Attorney Howard D. Popper
To schedule an appointment to discuss a personal injury claim, contact us online or call attorney Popper at 973-993-8787. We maintain office locations in Morristown and Newton, but come to your home or the hospital, if necessary. There is no charge for your first consultation.
We take all personal injury claims on a contingency basis. We won’t charge legal fees unless attorney Popper recovers compensation for your losses.